Parts by Type
- Skid Plates
- Brake Pads and Lines >
- Suspension >
- Electrical Accesories >
Lighting and Safety
- Handlebar Controls and Mirrors >
- Shelves and GPS/Phone Mounts >
- Luggage >
- Exhaust Systems >
- Parts by Bike
Installation Instructions and Videos
V-Strom Parts Instructions
- Mirror Extender Instructions
- Fork Brace Instructions
- Footpeg and Control Lowering Instructions
- Gear Shift Relocation Instructions
- Bolt-on Kickstand Foot Instructions
- Raising and Lowering Links >
- Shelves and GPS Mounts >
- DL1000 Rear Wheel Spacer Instructions
- Vee2 Saddlebag Guard
- Fender Riser 2014+ DL1000
- Retrieving Missing Parts from the Cowling
- Auxiliary Lighting >
- General Electrical and Lighting >
- Brake Lines >
- Kawasaki Versys X300 >
- Yamaha Parts Instructions >
- V-Strom Parts Instructions >
- Shorter/Taller Riders
- Specials and Promotions
- Favorite Projects
- Adventure Motorcycling Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
KAWASAKI X300 VERSYS
HIGH FENDER MOUNT
- Remove stock Fender and stock mounting hardware. Put somewhere safe.
- Transfer 4 fender riser bolt holes to paper or cardboard. Don't drill fender holes first as some adjustment may be necessary.
- Remove black cap on top of steering stem with flat blade screwdriver.
- Insert long round piece into steering stem hole from the bottom.
- Using M8 x 25 mm flat head bolt attach 1/2" thick "foot" to piece now in steering stem. Use of temporary (blue) thread lock is OK. Tighten the pieces together.
- Thread 8 mm hex head bolt through washer into "new cap" into piece now in steering stem just enough hold steering stem piece.
- Adjust the foot straight, the tighten top 8 mm hex bolt.
- Check fitment of your new fender forward and back using the four spacer provided to ensure adequate clearance with radiator and alignment with wheel when forks are fully compressed.
- Drill holes in fender.
- use M6 x 60 mm bolts and washer to bolt fender to foot.
- If fender needs adjustement loosen top hex bolt, reposition, and tighten bolt.