Parts by Type
- Skid Plates >
- Brake Pads and Lines >
- Suspension >
- Electrical Accesories >
Lighting and Safety
- Handlebar Controls and Mirrors >
- Shelves and GPS/Phone Mounts >
- Luggage >
- Exhaust Systems >
- Parts by Bike
Installation Instructions and Videos
V-Strom Parts Instructions
- Mirror Extender Instructions
- Fork Brace Instructions
- Footpeg and Control Lowering Instructions
- Gear Shift Relocation Instructions
- Bolt-on Kickstand Foot Instructions
- Raising and Lowering Links >
- Shelves and GPS Mounts >
- DL1000 Rear Wheel Spacer Instructions
- Vee2 Saddlebag Guard
- Fender Riser 2014+ DL1000
- 2012+ DL650Fender Risers
- Retrieving Missing Parts from the Cowling
- Auxiliary Lighting >
- General Electrical and Lighting >
- Brake Lines >
- Kawasaki Versys X300 >
- Yamaha Parts Instructions >
- V-Strom Parts Instructions >
- Shorter/Taller Riders
- Favorite Projects
- Adventure Motorcycling Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- Specials and Promotions
Fender Raising Kit
The fender raising kit can be installed with the wheel on or off. You will need a 10 mm open end wrench and a five mm allen wrench. Both are contained in the bike's tool kit.
The kit includes six 16 mm long bolts and two 25 mm long bolts. Note using a temporary thread lock (e.g., Blue Locktite) is a good practice for this kit.
1. Remove the bolts supporting the fender. This includes the stud with the reflector and the mushroom head bolts above it in the front and at the rear.
2. Place longer piece from the kit against the fender bolt supports as shown in the picture.
3. Insert the 16 mm long flangehead bolts from the back side and tighten with a 10 mm wrench.
4. Do both sides.
5. Install reflector stud and mushroom bolts through the front fender into the new higher holes in the long riser. Leave the front bolts slightly loose until the back of the fender is bolted on.
The flat side of the rear riser faces out and the thick end goes on the bottom. The upper hole is thread.
1. Place a 16 mm long flangehead bolt through the back of the fender. Insert the top of the riser into the fender from the outside and tighten the flangehead screw. Leave slightly loose.
2. Insert one of the 25 mm bolts into the thicker part of the rear riser and screw it into the stock rear mounting point.
Tighten all bolts. It is not necessary to heavily torque the bolts. 10 pounf-ft (hand tight) is sufficient.